- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one large orange
- 20 to 30 mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice, if desired
Bring water to boil in a large pot with salt and cook spaghetti until tender but still firm.
Stir occasionally, especially when first adding spaghetti.
While spaghetti boils, melt butter over medium-low heat in a wide skillet. When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for one minute.
When spaghetti is done, strain from pot and add to skillet along with olive oil, orange zest, mint, and fennel pollen.
Stir until pasta is thoroughly coated with oil and is highly fragrant.
Add salt to taste and lemon juice, if desired.